Hello Readers!
Welcome to my very first blog... aka bear with me as I figure out how to work it, as well as figure out my life. :)
First things first, a little background on me, which might help explain the title of this blog: I grew up on the beautiful Gulf Coast in Mobile, AL even attending my undergraduate school at Spring Hill College in the same city. I, however, recently completed my Masters in Counseling, specializing in sport & health psychology, in Chicago and have found myself back in Mobile at my parents house (the first time living here in 7 years). Now, I could get all political and start blaming everyone and everything for being unable to find a job in my field, but it wouldn't change the fact that here I am, unemployed, desperately searching for something out there that I care so much about. With my psychology background I can tell myself over and over to think positively and/or rationally, and something will come along eventually... but all that I want to scream tonight is: THIS IS NOT FAIR or WHY ME?!. Job searching just plain sucks. Nothing about it is fun, exciting, or easy. Especially not in a field that is a budding one, where I am having to sell myself and open up doors at every turn. It's hard, painstaking, demanding, and often defeating. But I will not give up.
What is this field you ask? In a nutshell it is the mental side of wellness and health, along with sport psychology which has been around but is still a secret to some. Wellness is an all-encompassing field including physical, mental, and spiritual health to achieve full potential of ones life. So far in my work experience I have been a counselor for weight loss, clinical issues, and the mental side and safety of contact sports. Along with those areas comes a lot of overlap and redundancy though. Wellness, like I said, encompasses everything and spills over to many areas in life. Wellness, though, is my passion. I started this blog to spread my knowledge and expertise in this field for you to achieve a better life for yourself or someone you know and love. I will share information on many different areas, as well as throw in some humor about my on-going search for a career and life as a 25 year old on my parents couch.
I look forward to reading your comments. I am always looking for ideas to discuss, so feel free to throw things out here.
To your health,
Sarah
Ready to read! :)
ReplyDeleteHaha! This should be interesting. I will be following your posts, because I also struggle. Good stuff.
ReplyDelete